Invalid hex digit - When loading repo details.

JB

03 Jun, 2013 06:30 PM

Hi, I have hglab installed and it seems to be working, I can add repo, clone repo, push to repo, but when I try to go to the details of the repo I get an Invalid hex digit error. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

JB

URL:
http://10.1.1.111/projects/test/repositories/test2repo/source/files...

Error Text:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid hex digit: •

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid hex digit: •

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid hex digit: •] HgSharp.Core.Parser.ParseNybble(Char c) in d:\Projects\hglab\lib\hgsharp\src\HgSharp.Core\HgNodeID.cs:202 HgSharp.Core.Parser.ParseHex(String hex) in d:\Projects\hglab\lib\hgsharp\src\HgSharp.Core\HgNodeID.cs:181 HgSharp.Core.HgNodeID..ctor(String hexNodeID) in d:\Projects\hglab\lib\hgsharp\src\HgSharp.Core\HgNodeID.cs:60 HgSharp.Core.HgManifestReader.ReadManifestEntry(HgRevlogEntryData revlogEntryData) in d:\Projects\hglab\lib\hgsharp\src\HgSharp.Core\HgManifestReader.cs:50 HgSharp.Core.HgManifest.get_Item(HgNodeID hgNodeID) in d:\Projects\hglab\lib\hgsharp\src\HgSharp.Core\HgManifest.cs:23 HgLab.Areas.Project.Controllers.RepositoryController.Files(Repository repository, String changeset, String path) in d:\Projects\hglab\src\HgLab\Areas\Project\Controllers\RepositoryController.cs:78 lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +209 System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17 System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary
2 parameters) +188 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +27 System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +56 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func1 continuation) +267 System.Web.Mvc.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass17.&lt;InvokeActionMethodWithFilters&gt;b__14() +20 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) +190 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94 HgLab.Core.Framework.Web.HgLabControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) in d:\Projects\hglab\src\HgLab.Core\Framework\Web\HgLabControllerBase.cs:67 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10 System.Web.Mvc.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClassb.&lt;BeginProcessRequest&gt;b__5() +37 System.Web.Mvc.Async.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass1.&lt;MakeVoidDelegate&gt;b__0() +21 System.Web.Mvc.Async.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass81.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult ) +12 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55 System.Web.Mvc.<>c_DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31 System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7 System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8970141 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Anton Gogolev on 04 Jun, 2013 06:02 AM

JB,

Do you have any files with non-ASCII names in the test2repo?

2. 2 Posted by JB on 04 Jun, 2013 10:26 AM

No, it's actually just a plain old text file I'm using for testing. It's named test.txt..

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Anton Gogolev on 04 Jun, 2013 11:15 AM

JB,

Got it. Then two more questions: what is the OS you were committing and
    pushing under and what is the Encoding you have configured under
    Administration - Repositories?

4. 4 Posted by JB on 04 Jun, 2013 11:25 AM

Committing and pushing from Win7.

Encoding is set to the default 37 - IBM EBCDIC (US-Canada)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Anton Gogolev on 04 Jun, 2013 11:48 AM

Whoa. Set it to 1252 and you'll be all set.

6. 6 Posted by JB on 04 Jun, 2013 11:59 AM

Awesome, how do I reset the database back to fresh, I have things all messed up now and I'd like to start fresh without a full reinstall if possible.

Thanks for your help.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Anton Gogolev on 04 Jun, 2013 12:21 PM

You can just delete all tables and views and go to HgLab in your browser.

Glad I could help.

8. 8 Posted by JB on 05 Jun, 2013 01:51 PM

All good here, this one can be closed. Thanks again!

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Anton Gogolev on 07 Jun, 2013 06:14 AM

Thanks!

On 05.06.2013, at 17:51, "JB" <[email blocked]> wrote:

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

03 Aug, 2022 01:49 PM
05 Jul, 2022 07:01 PM
28 Mar, 2022 04:42 PM